IONS-8 in Moscow
21-25 June 2010
The 8th European IONS conference is organized by students of Moscow State and Bauman State Technical Universities and will take place from June 21st until June 25th, 2010.
The registration has been extended until May 23rd, 2010! Click here to register for IONS-8.
Travel grants are now available! Please email Stanislav Grigas at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application form. Applicants should be registered for IONS-8 and should have submitted an abstract for a talk or poster presentation. Completed applications are due May 22nd.
The conference program includes:
- Scientific Session
- International keynote speakers:
- Dr. James C. Wyant, 2010 OSA President, University of Arizona
- Dr. Vladimir Shalaev, Purdue University
- Student technical talks
- Student poster session
- Best talk/poster award
- Professional development program
- “Making the most of your presentation” by Dr. Jean-luc Doumont (Effective Communication in Science, Principae)
- “Manuscript Preparation and Submission” by Dr. Rachel Won (Nature Photonics)
- Patents and Intellectual Property
- Lab tours to Moscow State University and Bauman State Technical University
- Short course
- Student Chapters presentations
- Career networking event
- Dr. Torben Jacobsen, Ibsen Photonics President
- Dr. Rachel Won (Nature Photonics) "Career as journal editor"
- Dr. Irina Sorokina (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Women and Minorities OSA) "Women in physics: a life choice or a life chance?"
- Evening excursions in Moscow
- Exciting social day on June 25th.
More information about speakers, events and program will be posted very soon. Please, check this website for updates or follow us on facebook - “IONS-8 Moscow” group or on twitter -@ionsmoscow.