IONS is a networking platform and conference series for young researchers from across Optics & Photonics. All IONS conferences and meetings are organised by students for students, and IONS as the International OSA Network of Students is rooted in student chapters. IONS supports young researchers .
Being part of a professional network is an important aspect of a career in academia or industry. IONS conferences are the platform for young researchers to build their international professional network, fostering professional collaboration.
- Like-minded, active young researchers from across Optics & Photonics meet at IONS.
- Young professionals can build a global professional network of colleagues now, at a very early stage in their career.
- The casual atmosphere at IONS helps form lasting relationships for future scientific cooperation.
A broad yet in-depth overview of Optics & Photonics is essential for recognizing new opportunities, building collaborations, and starting a successful career. IONS conferences feature an extensive scientific programme:
- Distinguished keynote speakers share their professional and personal experiences as well as their visions in their respective fields.
- Dedicated scientific sessions allow the young researchers to share and discuss their own research with peers.
- Local leading senior researchers give tours of their state-of-the-art laboratories and inform about employment opportunities.
IONS provides young researchers with the unique opportunity to develop a range of skills that go beyond science.
- Expert speakers provide in-depth training in skills like effective presentation tactics and scientific writing.
- Leading industrial professionals inform on entrepreneurship, commercialisation, and patenting.
- Talks and discussions highlighting Student Chapter activities give insight into the leadership experience of the peers and provide new ideas students can take back to their local community.
- IONS is exclusively arranged by students, giving them valuable experience in conference organisation and management of a diverse international group.